Changing Patterns XXV
November 13, 2018
Mortgage Lending to Traditionally Underserved Borrowers & Neighborhoods in Boston, Greater Boston and Massachusetts, 2017
In its 25th annual report on mortgage lending patterns, the Massachusetts Community & Banking Council (MCBC) offers information on patterns of mortgage lending in the City of Boston, in Greater Boston, in Massachusetts, and in thirty-six large cities and towns.
Specifically, the report examines:
- The Level and Composition of Mortgage Lending
- Borrower Race/Ethnicity and Income
- Neighborhood Race/Ethnicity and Income
- Denials of Mortgage Applications
- Lender Activity
- Legislative and Regulatory Developments
In addition to the data in the report, MCBC provides data on all Massachusetts cities and towns in a set of supplemental tables.
An infographic highlighting key data points is also provided.
Changing Patterns XXV was prepared for MCBC by Jim Campen, Professor Emeritus of Economics at UMass Boston.