Notes from the 4.11.19 Small Business Lending Committee
May 28, 2019
In case you missed the Small Business Lending Committee meeting on 4/11/19, details of the meeting are included below.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a valuable discussion on CDFIs in Massachusetts. The discussion highlighted consensus around the need for:
- Opportunities in-state for MA CDFIs to network and organize;
- Increased visibility of CDFIs and small business loan funds;
- Financing for start-ups, and established businesses that lack collateral;
- State matching dollars to leverage federal funds to capitalize CDFIs;
- CRA to encourage banks to develop formal referral relationships, participate in community loan funds, and capitalize operations of local CDFIs
Click on the links below for materials and minutes from the meeting:
Our next committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday, July 18th at 9:30 AM at Eastern Bank, 265 Franklin Street, Boston. Register here.