Notes from the 2/26 Mortgage Lending Committee Meeting
February 28, 2019
In case you missed the Mortgage Lending Committee Meeting on 2/26/19, details of the meeting are included below.
1) Shirronda Almeida, Director, Mel King Institute (MKI), joined us to share the Institute’s 2019 offerings and to solicit ideas on how MCBC and MKI might collaborate, – check out their events calendar here.
2) Jon Seward, President, MA Association of Housing Cooperatives, provided an update on the reintroduction of MAHC’s Tenants Right To Purchase bill in the MA legislature. Have questions about how to support these efforts? Contact Jon here.
3) We took another look at the report: The Concentration of Financial Disadvantage: Debt Conditions and Credit Report Data in Massachusetts Cities and Boston Neighborhoods. Access data sources for the report here.
4) Joanne Gaskin, Vice President, Scores and Analytics at FICO spoke about UltraFICO. UltraFICO is a new credit scoring model that consumers can opt into starting in 2019. We inquired about product rollout, early adoption rates and the regulatory context for the product. Her presentation can be accessed here.
5) MCBC is forming committee working groups. If you are interested in participating, please complete this brief (2-3 minute) survey to indicate your interest and availability. If you have questions about how to participate, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Access a copy of MCBC’s presentation, including updates and announcements, here.